Who is Ginsberg+Chan?
- Ginsberg+Chan are fine wine specialists in Hong Kong. Our name represents the two co-founders husband and wife team Jason Ginsberg and Mandy Chan. We are a growing team of 12.
- Our goal at Ginsberg+Chan to be considered one of the finest wine merchants in the Asia. We want to be ambassadors for Asia and to represent Asia amongst the international wine trade. Our goal is to be homegrown and proud.
- Established in 2010 as a boutique wine merchant in Hong Kong, Ginsberg+Chan offers rare and distinct fine wines to collectors, cult wine addicts and rebel wine lovers. Their wine list carries over 20,000 bottles of older fine & rare wines from private collectors and respected wine trade. Located in the heart of Hong Kong’s Central district, Ginsberg+Chan’s Queen’s Road shop has become a destination for wine connoisseurs throughout Asia. Their popular mailing list gives subscribers bi-weekly offers on special back vintages and hard to find rare bottles. They offer fortnightly fine wine tastings for enthusiasts as well as bespoke tastings for private parties.
- In 2017, Ginsberg+Chan has been named Fine Wine Retailer of the Year in The Drinks Business Awards – the first Hong Kong wine merchant to win this category.
Download About Us for Press
Who are your clients?
Our clients are a mix of private wine collectors and people in the wine trade who purchase for other wine collectors, hotels and restaurants and for wine investment funds.
What sets you apart from all the other wine merchants in Hong Kong?
We are a family run business with a serious take on service and quality. Our wine inventory on Burgundy in particular but also on Italy, Champagne and Bordeaux. We like to list other unknown regions and producers as well on a changing basis.
We feel the following main points distinguishes our business amongst other fine wine retailers in the region:
- Our incredible wine list and offers separates us from our peers.
- Next day delivery with no minimum bottle quantity. No wine cellar, no problem. Great for last minute dinners.
- Our ability to think local and act global
- Our fast & friendly service
- Our Wine Wednesdays tastings
#WineWednesdays Tastings: Adding Value to the Experience
While the core of our business is in wine sales, we hold regular fortnightly Wine Wednesdays tastings where we offer our customers incredible opportunities to taste fine & rare wines in a casual and comparative fashion. Guided by our knowledgeable staff, customers can choose from a variety of themes like verticals of Haut-Brion and Dom Pérignon Rosé to regional focuses in Chambolle Musigny or Piedmonte. Offering something for customers from all walks of their wine life, whether a beginner in tasting the intricacies of wines from different terroirs, to veteran wine geeks and collectors. These tastings have become so popular that we have sold out almost every fortnight in 2018.
Visit our Events page here: http://blog.ginsbergchan.com/events/
Our Wine List
Please visit our online store at www.ginsbergchan.com. Our wine list can be also downloaded in PDF format and in Excel. All wines can be delivered the next day from our warehouse in a temperature controlled truck.
Customer interest and inquires can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 2504-2221 or Whatsapp: 6308-6631
The business started as an idea over a thanksgiving dinner in 2008 during the financial crisis. Jason and Mandy decided to come together to change careers and move to Hong Kong with their two young children to look for better opportunities and to be closer to family here in Hong Kong. Coming from very different careers, Jason was in real estate and Mandy was in software they decided to take this opportunity to create a lifestyle business that would suit their lifestyle goals. They knew the wine industry was a path that could provide them with travel, satisfy their love for food & wine and allow them to meet people from all walks of life. Completing their Advanced Certificates from Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), Mandy and Jason said a hard farewell to their friends and family in Toronto moved to Hong Kong to start their adventure in 2010.
Jason Ginsberg was born in Hamilton, Ontario (Canada) to a Jewish Father and a Swedish Mother. His father was a successful fashion retailer and like blood Jason has always been an entrepreneur. Before being in the business of selling wine, he sold real estate and previous to that he owned a music store. He looks after the buying of wines and enjoys the selling of wine in the business. He’s always amusing, has time to talk and enjoys a good glass of anything different.
Mandy Chan was born in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) to a Hong Kong born father and a Macau raised mother. She has lived in Calgary, Hong Kong, Victoria, Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto. In her previous profession she worked for IBM in one of their Software Labs as a team lead in software development for 6 years before having children. She is the technology master creative in the partnership looking after Marketing and Operations. She enjoys conversation about current events, is trying to improve her tennis game and has an elephant’s memory for the wines she has tasted.
A selection of customer testimonials can be found here: http://blog.ginsbergchan.com/company-summary/testimonials/.
Coverage & Clippings
Our press coverage and clippings can be found here
Our press coverage and clippings can be found here
For media enquiries, please contact Chiczando Concept and Culture Limited
Ms. Anna Lee Mr. Ricky Tsang
Tel: 9150 1890 Tel: 9161 2203